For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the Controller is Fylde Tennis and SR Sport Consultancy Ltd.
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- Directly from you, when you fill in contact form, when you make enquiries on our website, sign up for our newsletter, where you enter tournaments or book events,
- From the LTA or ITF (for example, where the LTA passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about our Company, or in relation to an LTA-sponsored event or programme).
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and date of birth for junior attendees, and records of communications and interactions we have had with you);
- Financial information, including credit card details are shared with our third-party payment service providers. These third parties may store your credit or debit card account information for your future use on our website, to the extent permitted by local law. Your CVV number will not be stored and must be re-entered for each order.
- Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of any subscription/membership benefits
- We may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can cater for you when you attend a Company’s social event or a course/camp.
- Fylde Tennis typically uses both functional and performance cookies to make our website more useful by personalising information for visitors and by storing information about your preferences on our site. Functional cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off without impairing the functioning of our website. Performance cookies allow us to measure & improve the performance of our website and provide enhanced functionality and personalisation.
- We use Google Analytics to better understand site traffic patterns and use to help analyse where visitors go and what they do whilst visiting our website.
- Most internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can set your browser to reject cookies. Note that if you reject cookies, you may still use our site but may not be able to take full advantage of the website.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express. More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Fulfilment of orders for goods and services;
- Research and statistical analysis about who is using our services;
- Communication about our activities we believe may be of interest to you;
- Where this is necessary for our legitimate interests;
- To develop new products and services and to review and improve current products and services;
- Promoting our offer and promoting goods and services of third parties (for example, hotels, venues, equipment suppliers, operators of coaching courses, and organisers of sports events) in which we believe may be of interest to you;
- Where we have your consent, as applicable;
- Statistical analysis of demographic data to support applications for funding facility development and maintenance, and for reports required by our landlords;
- To tailor and offer personalised content and services to you;
- We may communicate with you by SMS, email, phone, post, and digital channels, including our website and social media channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp).
Sharing your information with others
- Our employees, coaches and volunteers, for the purposes of administering your access to our services and offerings, and giving you access to the benefits to which you are entitled;
- Our contractors and suppliers for the administration of payment services, customer communication platforms, sports associations, data storage providers and hotels when making a booking for you;
- Our sports coaches.
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only as long as required for each purpose we use it. For most customer data, we retain this information for a period of six years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
- We do not accept any responsibility for third party contact to you as a result of you sharing your personal contact details with venues we use or visit. We will never share information with third parties unless you consent.
- When you register with the ITF/ LTA you will receive communication from them – unless you opt out . All communication from these parties is out of our control.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no valid reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party), including the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect to the types of communications you want to receive from us. Please note that some communications, however, may be sent regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a player at our Centre(s). Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or payment confirmations (as applicable);
- Mailings affecting your access to our services and facilities, and information about important dates/events;
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details:
- by clicking on “Update your preferences” link at the bottom of one of our newsletters;
- online by updating your account
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by post:
- SR Sport Consultancy Ltd, 37 Avondale Crescent, Blackpool FY4 5AS
Contact and complaints
- by email: email@example.com
- or by post: SR Sport Consultancy Ltd, 37 Avondale Crescent, Blackpool FY4 5AS
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.
Changes to this policy
- We reserve the right to update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices by prominently posting notice of the update on our website and as required, obtaining your consent.
- Any updates will become effective immediately after posting the updates to this Policy and apply to all information collected about you, or where required, upon your consent.
- You agree that you will review this Policy periodically.
- You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as modified, is required for you to continue using our services. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or any modified version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your use of our services.
Last updated: September 2022